School Preparation Programme
- Designed for 8-18 year-old students
- These courses are for students whose English is not yet adequate for main-stream study in NZ school. Caters for all ESL levels — especially Beginner, Elementary, Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate and offers a strong foundation for the NZ education system
- The morning programme has an English Language focus.
- The afternoon programme has a subject language focus for Mathematics, Science and Social Studies
- There is a half-day activity once per week.
- Tuition is for 25 hours per week. Four school terms per year (a total of 40 weeks)
- Tuition Fee: $440 per week for the first 10 weeks, then $395 per week for the remainder of the course
- A Registration Fee of $ 200 applies
AEI’s Partnership High Schools
AEI has a strong relationship with many high schools in Christchurch and Canterbury. We have worked together as partners with them for many years now.
At AEI, we have qualified secondary school teachers on our staff who understand the language challenges of New Zealand high schools. Our staff are also highly trained and skilled in teaching English so we can make a strong programme with both intensive English and the language for mathematics, science and social studies. We also teach the skills needed to succeed in the New Zealand classroom environment.
Some students come to AEI first for intensive English study and then choose their high school. Other students choose their high school first and then come to AEI for intensive English study first. Both of these ways make a strong pathway for good English language knowledge and then academic success at high school.
At present, AEI runs a joint programme with the following high schools:
- Burnside High School
- Cashmere High School
- Christchurch Girls’ High School
- Darfield High School
- Lincoln High School
- Middleton Grange School
- Papanui High School
- Rangi Ruru Girls’ School
- St Andrews’ College
- St Bede’s College
- St Margaret’s College
- Villa Maria College